Welcome to the Quiet on the Set Short Film Competition!
The metro public libraries will not be running the Quiet on the Set short film competition in 2011. But please do check out the wonderful films created in 2009 and 2010: The Quiet on the Set 2009 Collection and 2010 Collection are available for check-out at the libraries, and many of the short films are on YouTube.
Thank you for your interest in Quiet on the Set!
Check out some of the awesome 2010 prizes packages (and these are IN ADDITION TO CASH!):
- Producer Mentor Day: Spend an afternoon with Ace Allgood and the Channel Z team and get to meet the various production companies in Minneapolis.
- Sound Design Mentor Day: Spend an afternoon with Tom Lecher of Echo Boys Music to learn the ins and outs of production sound design.
- One year membership to the Screenwriters Workshop
- Two title sequence animation design sessions courtesy of WHOOPDESIGN
- Two-hour one-on-one acting workshop with Bill Cooper, actor extraordinaire and board member of the Twin Cities Film Fest
- Weekend rental of HVX 200 Video package courtesy of Cinequipt
- Two 4 hour sessions of professional color correction in the Pixel Farm suites courtesy of Pixel Farm
- Ticket to IFP's Producer Conference and a one year membership to IFP
- One year family membership and VIP passes to a visiting Filmmaker lecture/screening courtesy of the Walker Art Center
Our QOTS partner All Over Media will be providing generous cash awards again this year: $500 goes to the winner of Best Film Overall, and the winners in each of the other nine award categories will receive $250. Yay All Over Media!
Watch the video for an overview of the 2010 competition, featuring several of the 2009 winners.